Every time I visit Big Lots, I go straight to the frame section. There are so many varieties to choose from that make for wonderful DIY projects! My recent trip motivated me to make these St. Patrick’s Mosaic Frames.
Everyone wants good luck, why should we only limit it to one day of the year? I designed these frames to bring suerte into your life all year round! Use a variety of green tiles, beads and small flat objects to add a touch of happiness, luck and even wealth!
The key to buy a frame that has a wide flat surface, this will make it easier to glue the objects down.
- Wide, flat frame
- Permanent adhesive
- Assorted mosaic tiles, small objects, flat beads, mini mirrors
- Small sponge
- Bowl with water
1. Sort out your objects according to size.
2. If you want, place them on the frame the way you want them without glueing, rearrange as desired.
3. Glue each piece, one-by-one. Let dry for several hours.Mix the grout in a disposable bowl; you want the consistency of creamy peanut butter.
4. Mix the grout in a disposable bowl; you want the consistency of creamy peanut butter.
5. Wear plastic gloves and rub the grout into all the crevices of the frames, between all the pieces.
6. Wipe excess away with damp sponge. Let dry for about 30 minutes.
7. Use a damp sponge to wipe away even more gout, and clean up the front of the tiles and beads.
8. Insert your photo and enjoy! You can use a photo from the day’s events or your favorite quote about luck, like I did here!